GIA Conference Toronto 2012 was again a Fantastic Success!
Theme: Strategic Impact Through Market Intelligence
Dates: October 22-24, 2012
Venue: The 1King West Hotel, Toronto, Canada
Program: Download the Conference Brochure
The 2012 GIA Conference Toronto featured seasoned experts who are known to have specific expertise on the topic, representing leading global companies such as Bennett Jones LLP, Best Buy, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Cintas, Cohesion Inc., Endo Health Solutions, Fidelity Investments, Fiserv, IBM, Jarden Consumer Solutions, Johnson Controls, Owens Corning, SAP America Inc./USA, Smith’s Medical, Starbucks Canada as guest speakers along with GIA’s own experts.
Overall, the delegates rated the GIA Conference an incredible average of above 4 out of 5 for all aspects, from its sessions, presentations to its overall administration.
On a scale of 1 to 5, the general assessment for the Toronto event was:
- Overall organization of the conference: 4.70
- Relevance of content: 4.30
- Value of content: 4.24
- Networking opportunities: 4.66
How they rated the GIA Conference
How they rated the program (1 to 5)
- Pre-conference workshops 4.70
- Presentations 4.25
- Panel discussion 4.33
- Roundtable sessions 4.19
What else they liked about the event
“Good tangible things that can be implemented quickly.”
“This was great. Most engaging session I’ve been to at any conference. Lots of takeaway.”
“Extremely valuable information & insight.”
“Great sessions. Each valuable in their own way. It is great to see how others are using the tools and resources.”
“Excellent day with a set of relevant and thought provoking presentations. Also very efficiently run. Great networking.”
Here’s what they learned
- how companies leverage Market Intelligence for growth in new geographies or whitespace markets
- how to integrate MI with the strategy process through internal and external intelligence
- how to manage strategic risk through MI and build effective early warning systems
- how to brand intelligence as a function within your company with true strategic impact
- how to build future orientation through megatrend analysis, scenario work and early warning systems.
In addition to case presentations, the GIA Conference will include interactive workshops and panel discussions on current hot topics in the area of Strategic Market Intelligence.
The GIA Conference will focus strictly on delivering best-in-class educational program. The Conference program has been designed based on feedback from participants in past conferences and seminars organized by GIA. There will be no exhibition area or vendor/sponsor product presentations.